PARNELL RAILWAY STATION PROJECT
Preserving the Historic Newmark Railway Station Building
Designed by renowned railway architect, George Troup, and built in 1908, Newmarket Railway Station was one of five historic stations on the Auckland commuter network. Auckland Transport wanted to relocate the building to Parnell for use as a station in order to preserve it, a process that began in 2008 when it was cut in half and transported to an off-site location for storage.
Structure Design were engaged by KiwiRail to design the station building foundations and coordinate with the station platforms, designed by Structure Design under a separate contract with Auckland Transport.